Friday, September 14, 2007

"Have you used your brain lately?"

Shannon contributed a logic problem to the blog as a comment to the first post. Though it was not an answer to the question posed, I love it that she wants to exchange problems. Did anyone read her post?? Does anyone have an answer for her or a problem of your own? Would a "bribe" of extra credit help? Do you want to submit answers on the blog (the first to answer correctly would earn the points in addition to the one that posed it), or would you like to submit your answers on paper in class so more people could earn the points? Does anyone have any other suggestions for discussion? I would like the focus of the blog to remain on mathematics, specifically the ideas we learn about in class, but I think there are a multitude of directions that can take. I am open to your ideas.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Extra credit is always a great bribe. I am sorry for veering off subject, but sometimes brain teasers are fun to do. I think the method of submitting our answers via blog or paper depends on the problem. Some problems require written work that is difficult to type, whereas others are mostly based on logic.
Returning to your comment about extra credit, Mrs. K... wasn't this blog supposed to be mandatory?

Anonymous said...

Does anyone know of any websites that you can get brain teasers off of?

Keith Schroeder said...

Although this site is aimed mainly at teachers, there are many good brain teaser websites http://www.internet4classrooms.com/brain_teasers.htm

Anonymous said...

Thanks Mr. Schroeder! I found another site, too. It's pretty much just fun math games... some are a little easy, but I'm sure they might help a little bit when it comes to studying. http://www.coolmath-games.com/concentration/index.html

Anonymous said...

Mrs. K, I heard a few people saying that they did not know how to either find this blog or post comments on it. They just think their computer doesn't work. You should probably let them know they need to create an account in Google, first. Perhaps if people actually knew what they were doing they would be able to contribute...

Mrs. Kasprzyk said...

Anyone who does not know how to access the blog should come and see me. We have gone through it several times in class, but I know it is confusing to some students. As I have said many times, if you don't understand something,(or anything)in our class, it is your responsibility to ask me. I will be glad to show you, or explain what ever it is to you.
Everyone needs to create a google account using their home e-mail address. Once your account is established, you can sign in and contribute to our class blog.

Brad said...

I use my brain every day. Especialoy when I do math homework. The math we are on now is easy but I have to think what to do before I do it on paper.

Anonymous said...

I found a site that may help you with Algebra... www.helpalgebra.com